VIRTUAL AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
The CCC’s “Little Dragon” helps children experience and explore Chinese culture, while developing new skills. It is structured and interactive, with hands-on activities for students with all learning abilities and styles so that they can build confidence and discover their potential during off-school hours.
Class Schedule 课程表
Class Date 日期: 1/4/2021-3/26/2021 3-5 PM
Class Platform 网课平台: Microsoft Teams
Class Description 课程介绍
Monday & Wednesday周一&周三
Entry Level (3pm-4pm):
• Inspiring children's interest in learning Chinese, and at the same time, students should be able to know more than 50 new words and more than 20 phrases in the first stage of learning (the first semester). In addition, students will use simple and common Chinese sentence patterns to express and communicate, and will sing some Chinese rhymes.
• 课程启发培养孩子的中文学习兴趣的同时，第一阶段的学习(第一学期)学生可以掌握 50 个以上生字，20 个以上词组;除此之外，学生会用简单常用的中文句型表达和交流， 并会唱一些中文儿歌。
• The course will improve students' Chinese learning ability from listening, speaking, reading and writing. Students should be able to read and recognize more than 80 new words and should be able to write more than 40 new characters in the first stage of learning (the first semester). In addition, students should be to read short paragraphs, understand and do short conversations.
• 课程将从听、说、读、写全方面提升学生的中文学习能力。第一阶段的学习(第一学期) 学生可以认读 80 个以上生字，会写 40 个以上生字;除此之外，学生可以听读学过的对 话，并可以认读长句和小段落。
Creative Art 绘画
Tuesday 周二 3pm-4pm
• Students will learn to draw lines, shapes, textures, and utilize various mediums, such as: pencil, crayon, markers, watercolors, and oil sticks to create images of people, plants, animals and objects. After progressing through these stages and styles, students will be able to create anything that they wish. They will also learn to critique their own artwork. Teaching methods include lead drawing, observational drawing, and story-based free drawing. The class will help refine fine motor skills, cultivate the imagination, and promote concentration.
Thursday 周四 3pm-4pm
• We will be introducing short stories using both Chinese and English, to explore the stories and different characters. For each story, we may play fun games as well as make some crafts related to the topic. We will also involve academic knowledge in English ability, science, history, and many other subjects depends on the story of our thorough selection. This class will help children to build academic knowledge for their future use and learning.
Chinese Characters 象形文字
Thursday 周四 3pm-4pm
• This entry-level class is designed for students who would like to cultivate an interest in learning Chinese. No need for a previous learning experience. We will use pictures, stories, and other hands-on cultural activities as a medium to open the world of Chinese learning to students. They will learn the origins of Chinese characters and how it evolved to the current form. After this class, students will know the basic rules of how Chinese characters were created, how to write basic strokes, and how to describe the most commonly seen items in everyday life.
Coding in Scratch 少儿编程
Entry Level 入门班 3pm-4pm：
· Students will code their own maze game using MIT's coding engine for kids, Scratch. Starting by drawing three mazes of varying difficulty, connect the mazes as levels, add a character that is coded to move when pressing the arrow keys, and stops when hitting a maze wall. Students can also add enemies that stop the player for an extra challenge.
Advanced Level 进阶班 4:30pm-5:30pm：
· Students will code their own quiz game using MIT's coding engine for kids, Scratch. Starting by creating 10 quiz question ideas about anything they want, creating stylized buttons that glow when scrolled over, and writing code that takes the player to the next question when clicking the correct answer or taken to a game over screen when clicking the wrong answer. This class teaches students the fundamentals of game UI design at an industry level.
· 小朋友们将会运用MIT编程引擎设计自己的迷宫游戏。他们将会从设计十个小问题，创建独特的小按钮，写编程带领做对测试题的人去下一题又或者是带做错题的人去game over的页面。本课程会教小朋友关于用户设计体验的基础。
Weiqi Go 围棋
Go is an ancient board game whose strategies demands both critical and creative thinking from its players. Playing Weiqi (Go) helps one to develop concentration, alertness, and judgment, and it fosters a sense of balance. Beginners class learns basic rules, and the advanced class focuses more on methods and strategies.
Tuition Fee 学费
1) $15.00/class; 11 weeks total for all classes ($165), except Coding which has 9 classes in total ($135).
2) Registration fees: New student - $20.00/person; Returning student - $10.00/person* 报名费：新生 - $20.00/人旧生- $10.00/人